“We already support the UN Sustainable Development Goals through our current work, so it was natural for us to join the initiative of the Global Compact Network as well.”
The Global Compact programme was established by the United Nations and is the largest network of companies in the world supporting sustainable goals to create a better world for all.
Being a member of the network, JGH Group is joining Global Compact Network Denmark.
Global Compact Network Denmark is working to protect and respect human rights, to avoid corruption, to enforce the fundamental rights of labour forces and to protect the environment.
“As a company we support all of the principles set up by the Global Compact
initiative,” says CEO Thomas Algreen Nielsen.
JGH Group tries to work within the scope of all of 10 principles, but the focus is especially on these five:
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
For the last years JGH Group has also worked with the UN’s Global Goal in the daily work with projects all over the world.
Read more on how we work with the UN Goals.