We’re looking for an experienced French and English-speaking Contract Manager to lead and manage the fulfilment of JGH Group’s diverse supply contract portfolio in Africa, Middle East, Latin America and beyond.
JGH Group is a global procurement and trading company working with major organizations and governments, mainly within the sectors of Construction Materials, Electrification, Security Equipment, Machinery and Marine. With more than 60 years of trading experience, JGH is a respected player in the international trading arena, currently with offices in Denmark, and China.
The Contract Manager reports to the CEO of the company and will work in close cooperation with the commercial owners of the contracts won by JGH. The contract manager is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of supply contracts for all JGH group.
Once a tender bid is awarded, the Contract Manager will assist the Commercial Coordinator with the preparation for the final budget submission for the contract. Both the commercial owner and the Contract Manager will sign off on the execution phase, marking their joint engagement to deliver the contract on time and within budget.
From there, all activities linked to delivery, logistics and general coordination will be under the responsibility of the Contract Manager. Any deviation to the original procurement plan will need to be proactively sent to the commercial owner, for them to manage.
Although client management remains ultimately with the commercial owner, the Contract Manager will require to liaise with the client or their representative for daily execution and coordination in both French and English.
As this is a new position, the successful applicant can expect to play a key role in defining the nature and processes linked to contract execution, and as such should have a good grasp of process implementation within a commercial organization.
Key Tasks for the position
- End to End management of the execution cycle for JGH supply contracts
- Responsible to maintain contracts and ensure 100% adherence to the agreed terms
- Regularly liaise with destination agents and suppliers, to ensure efficient clearing of goods, and fully compliant deliveries to clients with minimal added cost.
- Proactively ensure that any operational issues are dealt with as soon as they occur.
- Responsible for creating transparency across all stakeholders through regular reporting (internal and external).
Some travel to the destination markets can be expected, depending on the nature of the contracts won.
Expected travel time is around 40-60 days per year.
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience in contract or project management is desired, as is a strong eye for detail: Can spot a mistake in a contract form a mile away and is able to clearly apply clauses into execution.
- A great communicator and a team player. Must be able to adjust their communication style, to suit the context of the conversation. High level of emotional intelligence required.
- Can find solutions through people.
- Can handle stressful situations and find order in what initially seems like complex and high-pressure challenges.
- The successful candidate will need to be fluent in both French and English.
- Must have a high level of proactivity, and not be scared to pick up the phone. If you see something broken, you want to fix it – fast.
- A strong working knowledge of incoterms, Freight Forwarding or Logistics is a definite advantage.
- Experience working in Africa is a definite advantage.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with a valid Work permit in Denmark will be considered for this position.
From the company HQ in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
Salary & Compensation
A permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Klavs Jarl Jørgensen
Phone: 30 24 95 75