JGH Marine is delivering a new Fire Rescue Boat for the Airports of Mauritius to enhance safety around the airport facilities at sea.
In collaboration with subcontractor Aislamientos Termicos de Galicia S.A. (Aister), from Moaña, Spain, JGH is supplying the Fire Rescue Boat for Airports of Mauritius in the end of 2019.
The 12-meter long aluminum vessel is being equipped with an advanced FI-FI system allowing the crew to operate mounted water guns that are situated in the bow and stern of the vessel, pumping water from the sea and projecting in the desired directions at high pressure.
The objective for the end user in procuring the vessel is to be able to perform a fully rapid intervention and rescue in order to save lives in case of an aircraft accident at sea.
Details of the project:
- Project: Fire Rescue Boat
- Client: Airports of Mauritius Co. Ltd. (AML)
- Place: Blue Bay, Mauritius
- Status: Undergoing construction in Spain
- Capacity: 10 people (2 crew, 8 passengers)
- Size: 12 meters
- Material: Aluminium
- Engines/propulsion: 2 x 250hp 4-stroke Petrol Yamaha engines