JGH Marine supplied one weed harvesters and two shore conveyors for Millennium Challenge Account in Malawi.
Together with subcontractors Aquarius Systems located in Wisconsin, USA, JGH Marine supplied one weed harvester and two shore conveyor to our client Millennium Challenge Account.
The purpose of the project is for the Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) to enhance weed harvesting at the upstream site of Liwonde and on the Shire River in Malawi.
The aim is to reduce and solve the weed problems in the whole hydropower cascade, and to enable ESCOM to provide an uninterrupted power supply in the future.
The harvesters are of high American quality and operate by using Mid-ship mounted paddle wheels when cutting and harvesting the vegetation, enabling the machine to get into shallow areas and to maneuver through dense weed growth. Once fully loaded, the vegetation is transferred onto the trucks via shore conveyors.
The tipper trucks were manufactured by our subcontractors Sinotruk and are being used to transport the harvested vegetation further inland for disposal.
Details of the project:
- Project: 2 weed harvesters, 1 shore conveyor, 2 tipper trucks
- Client: Millennium Challenge Account
- Place: Liwonde, Malawi
- Status: Delivered
- Capacity: 6,000 KGS of vegetation (weed harvesters)
- Size: 13.5 meters (weed harvesters)
- Material: Stainless Steel (weed harvesters)
- Engines/propulsion: Cummins Diesel Engine (weed harvesters)