We’re looking for an ambitious junior renewable energy engineer to help developing and delivering solar energy projects in an international trading company based in Copenhagen.
JGH Group is a global procurement and trading company working with major organizations and governments, mainly within the sectors of Construction Materials, Electrification, Security Equipment, Machinery and Marine. With more than 60 years of trading experience, JGH is a respected player in the international trading arena, currently with offices in Denmark and Kenya.
The Marine division of JGH Group (JGH Marine) builds and delivers a wide range of vessels from small boats to midsize and larger vessels and ferries for use all over Africa and Latin America and other developing countries around the world.
Further information about JGH Group and JGH Marine can be found on webpage: https://jgh-group.com/.
You will report to the Renewable Energy Team Lead and your main task will be to support the preparation of technical offers for public tenders for solar PV projects in developing countries, mainly in sub-saharian Africa. Our clients are development agencies funding renewable energy projects around the world.
The typical tasks include:
- Analysis of technical tender documents
- System design of solar-focused projects i.e. solar pv, hybrid etc.
- Selection of equipment / materials and accessories
- Preparation of Bills of Materials (BOM)
- Ensure compliance with standards
- Technical documentation: technical drawings, technical descriptions, manuals, checklists, …
- Complete electrical calculations such as but not limited to cable sizing / voltage drop etc.
- Dealing with technical queries from clients, users, installers and manufacturers
- Guiding installation teams, mainly remotely
- Possibility to travel to site for system commissioning in near future
- Preparation of As-built drawings
- Training and maintenance plans
- Proactive contribution to support supply chain management, procurement process and supplier verification.
The ideal candidate
- Technical education, preferably within Electrical Engineering
- Technical mindset and business acumen
- Fast learner and high self-motivation
- Able to work individualy and as part of a team
- Well-organized and with strong attention to details
- Capable of multi-tasking and to work under pressure
- Fluency in English is a must. Proficiency in other languages is a plus (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese)
- MS Office / Excel at an advanced level
- Some experience in AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- Experience in solar energy software is a plus (PVSyst, Helioscope, PVSol, …).
From the company HQ in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
Salary & Compensation
A permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits according to your expertise.
For any questions about the position contact Jordi Faxedas Rubio, Renewable Energy Team Leader, JFR@JGH-Group.com
Visit us at: https://jgh-group.com